Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"Good View of Torry Pines"

Stuart Hart who focuses on Sustainable Enterprises at Cornell University writes about his professional interaction with C.K. Prahalad.

CK remained true to his nature to the very end.  My colleague Ted London and I are working on a new book focused on the future of BoP business and CK was one of the key contributors to the effort.  Knowing that he was in a fragile state, we gently inquired as to the status of his chapter for the book.  One week prior to his passing he emailed: "You have probably given me up for dead. Yes, I was there... I am in ICU in Scripps for the last 16 days and I am now stable but not recovering fully yet...Good view of the Torrey Pines golf course and ocean from my room.  I do not know whether you still want my piece.  If you go forward without it, I will understand.  But if you change your mind, I need the help of a scribe.  Let me know.  Warm regards, CK."

No comments:

Post a Comment